Duration: 3.5 hrs
Runs: Every day except Monday
- from Oct. 20th to March 15th. Mornings Only 10/10.30 AM
- from March 16th to Oct. 19th: 9 AM, 2.30 PM
This tour includes:
- The visit to the Ancient city Of Ostia, the harbor of Rome
- The tour of the theater, the thermal bath, Forum, Temples, the porch of the traders and much more.
Experience Ostia Antica, a preserved Roman town and the Ancient harbour of Rome – just like Pompeii but only 30 minutes away from the city.
AVAILABLE ONLY PRIVATE
Starting time can be personalized
• Tour Useful Information •
- You’ll be in a private tour, there will be only you and your guide
- Your guide is LICENSED and specialized in ROMAN HISTORY and ARCHAEOLOGY.
- The transportation fee is NOT included.
- The cost of the tickets is NOT included in the guides fees.
- Ostia antica entrance fee: Each full-price ticket costs 12 euros. Children under 18 don’t pay any ticket.
PRICES: guide fees must be considered as a total, not per person
It is not possible to apply 10% discount a city outskirts tour.
From June to October: an extra fee of 15% will be added on top of the price for every last minute request (since 3 days before the date requested for the tour)
• Meeting Point •
• Ostia Antica Tour •
THE ANCIENT HARBOUR OF ROME
Ostia Antica was the Ancient harbour of Rome and is the best preserved ancient Roman town with its Emporium, amphitheatre and residential area.
Ostia was the first Roman colony and quickly became a river harbour with a commercial function, supplying Rome with food and also had a strategic military role as naval base.
The city reached a peak of almost 75,000 inhabitants in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD and its location at the “mouth” of the river Tiber guaranteed its status as an active and prosperous colony!
The Ostia Antica Tour is a full immersion into the everyday life of the colony. Our local, licensed guides will show you the river port’s districts, its cults and religious buildings, houses and spas with their beautiful mosaics and remnants of artworks.
If you don’t have the time to go to Pompeii but would like to get a glimpse of the Ancient Roman life, visit the ruins of apartments in a condominium, an ancient fast food eatery, spas, warehouses, villas, a laundry and a dye works, temples and a marvelous theater – come with us to Ostia and see life as it was 2000 years ago!
The political, commercial and religious center was bustling with activity and typical of a Roman town – you’ll see the Forum, the Baths, the Capitolium, the Small Market and the fishmongers’ shops.
Along the “Decumanus” (one of the main streets) you’ll explore the commercial heart of Ostia with its public buildings, the huge “Piazzale delle Corporazioni” (Square of the Guilds), taverns, various handicraft workshops – like the very interesting “Fulloniche” (Fuller’s workshops).
There are also houses and “modern buildings” in Ostia Antica and near Porta Marina, you’ll find sepulchral monuments.
|Number of participants|
* Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on our website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings).You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.