Duration: 3 hrs
Runs: every day
Starting Time: 9.30 AM and 2 PM
This tour includes:
- A walk in the historical center of the city amongst the buildings of the Roman Aristocracy
- A charming story-telling travel in time to meet the most powerful and charming dark ladies of the city
- A walking adventure through stories of the Roman Courtesans of the Baroque and Renaissance…stories that you’ll never find in the books!
There is always a great woman behind every great man! And in some cases, centuries ago… also behind a great cardinal or a great pope! Follow us in an enchanting walk through the historical center of Rome. Meet the courtesans who have ruled the city of popes: they were intriguing, powerful and beautiful women who played a hidden role in the political and social life of the Renaissance and Baroque eras.
PRIVATE OR SMALL GROUPS
• Rome’s Scandals Tour: the Dark Ladies and the City •
Join us in a nice walk in the city amongst the buildings where some of the most powerful women of Rome have lived and influenced the life of aristocracy. They were much more than glorified ladies of the night, they were intellectuals, highly educated and charming women; they could seduce powerful men with their beauty but especially with their knowledge, wisdom and charisma. Most of them began life as peasants girls who managed to climb the ladder Roman society and reach the most important positions in the society.
Together with your English speaking tour guide you will see their original XVI Century private homes, their graves and the places where important historical events took place. Learn why and how a woman would want to become a courtesan and how many compromises she had to make in order to maintain her privileged position in Renaissance Rome.
Through our story-telling tour you will explore the lives of the 7 most fascinating Renaissance Ladies of the Night in Rome, portrayed by the most famous artists of their time such as Caravaggio and Raphael, beloved by popes, princes, cardinals and nobles 600 years ago. You’ll be amazed by the of their lives – women have always been very resourceful, especially when it came to pursuit their dreams. Follow us and be enchanted by the beauty of our city and by the stories hidden behind every corner!
We promise you an entertaining and colorful tour full of things you will never find in books and teach you all about an important and lesser known part of our history!
• Tour Useful Information and Prices •
- You’ll be a group of 12 people or less.
- Your guide will be LICENSED, ROMAN and specialized in ROMAN ART and HISTORY.
- No tickets are needed for this tour.
*If you have a party of 9 or more please concact us to arrange your private tour.
PRICES: tour guide fees must be considered as a total, not per person
|Duration 3 hours|
|Number of people||Type of Tour|