Duration: 2.5 hrs
Runs: Every day
Starting Time: 9.30 AM
This tour will be leaded by a licensed professional art historian guide
- Palazzo Corsini (outside)
- Villa La Farnesina (inside)
- Tiber River banks and Ponte Sisto
- Walk in Trastevere
- Church of Santa Maria in Trastevere
This tour DOES NOT include:
Tickets for VILLA FARNESINA to be bought on site.
Adults: 6 euro; Children: 5 euro
The itinerary can change according to last minutes events.
Trastevere’s people believe themselves to be the only true Roman citizens…want to get lost in little alleyways away from the chaos and crowds and enjoy a corner of the real city… then this is a must see tour!
PRIVATE GROUPS ONLY
• Tour Useful Information •
- Small Groups are up to 10 pax
- Tickets for Villa Farnesina are not included (see details on top of the page).
- A small local food tasting to the tour (not included in the cost of the tour).
- Your guide will be LICENSED, ROMAN and specialized in ROMAN ART and HISTORY.
*If you have a party of 6 or more please contact us to arrange your private tour.
We reserve the right to increase the price of the tour during bank holidays or for last minute requests
• Meeting Point •
• Trastevere and Villa Farnesina Guided Tour •
As it is on the same side of the Vatican, Trastevere became the favourite place to build “summer villas” for the noble families in Rome.
First of all the Chigi family and their VILLA FARNESINA!
The banker Agostino was one of the richest man in the Holy See. A merchant with a passion for art, he managed to involve Raphael and Sebastiano del Piombo in the decoration of his psectacular villa. The Villa Farnesina was built in the early six¬teenth century for the outer layout of the Villa, created by the architect Baldassarre Peruzzi, is the pefect setting for a rich interior decoration, boasting frescos by the greatest masters of the Rebirth of art such as Raphael, Sodoma, Sebastiano del Piombo, and Peruzzi himself.
We won’t miss the charming and most famous frescos in the Villa, the Galatea by Raphael or the vault by Baldassarre Peruzzi with its representation of Agostino’s horoscope! You won’t believe how many pagan stories and loves of gods could be painted in the villa of someone so close to the pope..Want to know why? Book this tour!
Enjoy one of the most fascinating districts of Rome when you book your Guided Tour of Trastevere and Villa Farnesina! Your art historian guide will make a difference!
Trastevere is one of Rome’s most ancient neighbourhoods: its name meaning literally “across the Tiber” but …more than a river divides the people of Trastevere from the rest of the city!
“Trasteverini”, the so named inhabitants of Trastevere, have always been very proud of their origins, believing themselves to be the only true Roman citizens…
You will see this during your Guided Tour of Trastevere and Villa Farnesina.
Meet the real Romans, enjoy the area’s home cooking, wander through winding lanes and enjoy the real Rome.
In the Middle Ages it was a popolous district full of busy artisans and ingenious people inventing new jobs to scrape out a living, like the river-crossers or ancient “scuba divers” ready to dive into the river for any objects you might have accidentaly lost!
Walk through the beating heart of this district with your licensed, local, Roman guide, you will smell the spirit of a medieval port town: taverns, leather workers, carpenters and bakers still have their workshops here…
Let’s taste a bite of pizza in one of the most ancient bakeries of the city…still in front of where river wheat mills were!
|Durata 2/2.5 ore|
|Numero di partecipanti||Tipo di Tour|
Fino a 8 persone
* Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on our website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings).You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.