Duration: 2,5 hrs
Starting time: 8.30 AM, 3 PM
Typology: private and small groups
This tour includes:
- A guided tour around the Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Valley of the Colosseum (only outside)
- A guided tour of the Imperial Forums: Forum of Augustus, Julius Caesar, Forum of Peace, Forum of Trajan (only outside)
- This is an open air walk focused on the Imperial Forums, We will NOT enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum
• Tour Useful Information and Prices •
- Your guide is LICENSED and SPECIALIZED IN ROMAN HISTORY
- Stay under budget! No admission ticket is needed, you will just pay the guide fee
- This is a walking tour that does not visit inside the Colosseum or inside the Roman Forum, but the Colosseum and the Imperial Forums from outside
- you will not waste time in lines, stuck in the crowd, or going through the security check
- From June to October and extra fee of 15% will be added on last minute requests (3 days before the tour date)
• Meeting Point •
• IMPERIAL PARADE WALKING TOUR:
from the COLOSSEUM to the IMPERIAL FORUMS •
COLOSSEUM, ARCH OF CONSTANTINE, IMPERIAL FORUMS, Rome is an open air museum, there’s so much to see all around without needing to go into any gallery…Let’s enjoy this “open air” exhibition without paying for a ticket!
No lines, no crowd, no security controls, no tickets: walk from the Colosseum to the Imperial Forum with a local, licensed guide!
You now have the chance to fully enjoy our monuments under budget without missing anything! Let’s discover them together in this walking tour around the archaeological area of Rome!
We will enjoy the magnificent ruins of the ancient city, taking you where standard tours do not take you and not entering the Colosseum and Roman forum but visiting them from Via dei Fori Imperiali
The IMPERIAL TRIUMPHS TOUR will give you an opportunity to enjoy not just the Colosseum, as in any traditional tour but also our expert guides will take you to the Arch of Constantine and to the great Imperial Forums.
These were monumental squares built by the greatest Roman emperors: Julius Caesar, Augustus, Vespasian, Nerva, Trajan!
How does the tour work and what will you see?
Our tour will start with the Colosseum: our guides will take you around it and tell you about the history and its magnificent building technique!
The Colosseum was built by Emperor Vespasian where Nero had once excavated an artificial lake, this was the first amphitheater of Rome. It hosted spectacular gladiator combat, animal fights and naval battles.
Admire its 80 numbered gates: thanks to a perfect organization it allowed 65.000 people to attend these magnificent shows.
We will then move on to the Arch of Constantine, one of the 3 that still exist in Rome. built on the street were spectacular parades were carried out by a triumphant army! Imagine the winners marching and surprising the citizens by carrying their shiny golden booty, slaves, prisoners and exotic animals in chains!
Our Imperial Parade walking tour continues on to via dei Fori Imperiali!
A road testifying both to a very old and the recent past: around us glorious remnants of the monumental squares built by emperors to celebrate their enterprises in elegant, multi-tasking complexes.
Our expert Roman tour guides will tell you all about the Imperial Forums, brought to light by Mussolini in 1920s; he considered himself an emperor and wanted to revive the glory of his predecessors. Mussolini tore down modern buildings to bring to light these ancient structures.
The Forum of Julius Caesar: Julius Caesar decided that the ancient Roman Forum was not enough for him, he built a new “private” forum, to celebrate his power and glory!
You will be enchanted by the story of this general, both loved and hated in Rome! He was smart enough to turn the entrance of the Senate house towards his forum so as to not waste money in building a new one!
The Forum of Augustus was imposing and beautiful!
He didn’t expropriate the land he needed but he bought it, just as a common citizen would have done and shaped his forum accordingly; he then built a wall to hide the slums behind it! You will see the remains of the Temple of Mars and the famous Colossus Hall come alive in front of you!
You will admire the columns of the Forum of Peace, now standing again after 2000 years!
The Forum of Trajan… our favourite!
Huge and magnificent. Emperor Trajan celebrated his conquest of Dacia by building a huge complex square, a Basilica, 2 libraries (a greek and one latin) a trade center and a Monumental Column!
Our expert guides will enchant you with the story of this charismatic commander and his architect, Apollodoro from Damascus: a Leonardo da Vinci of 2000 years ago! Sick of triumphal arches, he invented a monumental column on which was depicted, in full colors, the story of the emperor’s Battles.
You won’t believe that to build this complex he cut the hill behind it, as tall as the column was!
Thanks to modern passages and boardwalks we will be able to fully enjoy all this without any need to enter the monument and pay for tickets!
If you want to get the best out of your time and your budget in Rome and just seeing the Colosseum is not enough for you…this is your tour! Our expert guides will take you on a journey through history that you will never forget!
|Duration 2/2.5 hours|
|Number of people||Type of Tour|
Up to 8 people
* Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on our website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings).You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.