Duration: 4 hrs
Runs: Daily Except first Sunday of the month
Start Time: 8.15AM – 2.00PM
This tour includes:
- Arch of Costantine
- Roman Forum (with Arch of Titus, Temple of Julius Caesar and more)
- Palatine Hill overview
If you have just one day in Rome, but you love Ancient History and don’t want to miss a thing…this is the tour you need! A day will be enough to see the main wonders of Rome, and we will give you an unforgettable day in the Eternal City!
PRIVATE and SMALL GROUPS
• Tour Useful Informations •
- You’ll be in groups of 10 people or fewer.
- Your guide will be LICENSED and specialized in the HISTORY OF ROME.
- The cost of entry tickets are NOT included in the guides fees.
Buy the tickets yourself: we ask you to buy your tickets online on your own. The online procedure is very easy and you can save money doing it yourself.
After paying the deposit to secure the tour, we will send you a description of the online booking procedure to get your voucher.
- Colosseum Tickets: The cost of the tickets in NOT included in the tour guide fees. ADULTS: 14 euros
CHILDREN under 18 do not pay any tickets: Just the 2 euros reservation fee
- PRICES: THE TOUR GUIDE FEES MUST BE CONSIDERED AS A TOTAL, NOT PER PERSON
- From June to October and extra fee of 15% will be added on last minute requests (3 days before the tour date)
• Meeting Point •
• Ancient Rome + Pantheon Tour•
Follow us through more than 12 centuries of ancient Roman history, from the time of Romulus, Remus and the She-wolf up to the barbarian invasions as we walk the city to enter the mighty Pantheon!
How does the Ancient City + Pantheon Tour work?
We will start at the glorious Colosseum!
Visit the stadium just like an ancient spectator, climb the stairs up to the first tier where you will be struck by the spectacular view over the arena: this ancient stage.
Imagine gladiators wounded by wild lions and tigers and criminals skinned alive and fed to wild animals during the public executions. Then in the afternoon, after a long day of incredible shows, you could place a bet (but not for real!) on the gladiators fighting for their lives.
After the Colosseum a short walk will take us to the Arch of Constantine and then, within a few minutes, you’ll find yourself in the busy heart of the ancient world: the Roman Forum.
Our guides will weave a stories and pictures of daily life in the busy forum. Imagine traders selling their goods, hundreds of naked slaves in line waiting to be bought and sold, politicians speaking to the crowd, judges sentencing criminals, teachers surrounded by their students, priests worshipping pagan gods and predicting the future, and the ancient art of the pickpockets running off with someone’s bag.
Be inspired by the beauty of the most important ruins of antiquity: the Temple of Saturn, the Tabularium façade, the ancient Senate house of Rome, the Temple of Julius Cesar, the house of the Vestal Virgins and their sacred flame. Walk through the “Via Sacra”, the holiest road in Rome, to reach the Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine and the Arch of Titus with its image of the glorious Jewish Menorah.
Next will be the Pantheon Tour: the temple of all the Gods turned into a Church, Santa Maria dei Martiri, in the VII Century…
You probably won’t believe how well preserved it is, how big the dome is and that, believe it or not, … it’s just one solid piece!
If it rains you have the chance to try see if any drops fall inside the Pantheon: there’s a hole right in the center of the dome and the Romans believe no water can fall inside – even when it rains!
And for the finale of the tour … the most delicious Gelateria in Rome, where you’ll have the best gelato of your life! Promise!
This single day will be enough to see the main wonders of the eternal city, and you will never forget this day in Rome!
|Duration 4 hours|
|Number of people||Type of Tour|
Up to 8 people
* Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on our website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings).You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.