Duration: 2 hrs
Small Groups: Wed and Sunday PM
Private Tours: Friday AM, Tuesday PM
Starting Time: 10 am and 2.30 pm
This tour includes:
- Piazza del Campidoglio
- Marcellus Theater and the surrounding archaeological area
- Portico d’Ottavia and the fish market
- Medieval alleys
- Piazza delle Cinque Scole
- Via del Portico D’Ottavia
- The Jewish Sinagogue (only outside)
- Tiberine Island
If you want to get off the beaten tourist tracks and walk through the “true Rome”… our Jewish District tour is made for you.
PRIVATE TOURS ARE AVAILABLE EVERY DAY EXEPT SATURDAY UPON REQUEST
• Tour Useful Information and Prices •
- You’ll be in a small group not bigger than 10 pax
- Your guide will be LICENSED, ROMAN and specialized in ROMAN ART and HISTORY.
- No tickets are needed for this tour.
- A small local food tasting (not included in the cost of the tour)
*If you have a party of 6 or more please concact us to arrange your private tour.
From June to October: an extra fee of 15% will be added on top of the price for every last minute request (since 3 days before the date requested for the tour)
• Meeting Point •
• Jewish District Guided Tour •
A Jewish District walking tour is for whoever wants to truly understand the essence of Rome. Follow our local, licensed, Roman guides to explore and experience the eternal city, not just see it.
Are you looking for something a little different from the usual monuments or museums? Do you want to walk the road less travelled and not just the usual tourist paths? Come with us and take a walk through the true heart of Rome. Come see street artisans, narrow cobbled lanes, medieval towers built over Roman ruins, breathtaking views of the Tiber river – enjoy all these sites, sounds and flavours of the city on this single tour.
This is a full immersion walking tour through an amazing cultural and historical melting pot, where Pagan cults, Christian and Jewish traditions are joined in one of the most original districts of the world.
Do you want to taste kosher food (bakery and cakes) and Roman specialities on the same street… then don’t not miss our Jewish District Guided Tour!
The first Jewish community was established in Rome more than 2000 years ago. From then on Christianity and Judaism have lived side by side, mostly in harmony…but not always: the sad crumbling remains of the walled district known as “Ghetto” (where the Roman Jews were forced to live between 1500s and 1800s) were torn down only in the 19th century.
Get away from the crowds and discover the most authentic side of our city, book your Jewish District Guided Tour now!
|Durata 2/2.5 ore|
|Numero di partecipanti||Tipo di Tour|
Fino a 8 persone
* Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on our website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings).You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.